RickSteves

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Thrifty ice cream in Mexico

Posted on 10:36 PM by Unknown
-

Now there's Thrifty ice cream in Guadalajara. I saw a sign for it back in May when I rode through Tepic but it was faded and I figured it was an old signage that the store owner never bothered to take down. Guess I was wrong.
In Guadalajara, though, there's this shop smack in Centro on Ave Juarez (see pic) and, at least, one other in the mall, La Gran Plaza. Dairy Queen's Blizzards had some competition for my money while I was in town!

I had my first taste of Thrifty ice cream in Los Angeles where it's sold in Rite-Aid pharmacies. Back then it cost 99cents. Now I believe it's a $1.98. Besides being tasty I like the signature big block shape scoops of Thrifty ice creams.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in food, mexico, misc/humor | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • (no title)
    There is a time for departure even when there is no certain place to go. - Tennessee Williams
  • The 'ol homo art ploy
    One of the more common cons I encounter has to do with modeling. Every homosexual with a shutter-eye likes to think of himself as a photogr...
  • Berolina Backpacker (Berlin - Charlottenburg)
    - Last year I wrote about my stay here ( earlier review ). This time around the rates were a little higher, but still very cheap, and inclu...
  • Ditched the world counter
    - I removed the visitor counter from this page a couple of days back because its script was slowing down my computer and becoming too much o...
  • Freaky masturbatory stalker
    -   I was walking home late last night. Very late. No one else was out, the streets were blotched with shadows and blanketed with silence, ...
  • (no title)
    It is not worthwhile to go around the world to count the cats in Zanzibar Henry David Thoreau
  • Linzer torte & other goodies
    - Having read an offhand reference to Linzer torte (also spelled as one word) in a recent email I was keen to try this regional delicacy. S...
  • My President just won Nobel Peace Prize
  • H.I. Hostel (Santa Monica)
    - Hostelling International Santa Monica  (H.I.) is what you'd expect of it: professional, organized, clean comfortable and centrally loc...
  • " Avoiding the downfall "

Categories

  • apartment/house hunting (12)
  • athletics (31)
  • Austria (14)
  • barcelona (4)
  • bed bug (2)
  • bodybuilding (16)
  • book (27)
  • Border patrol (28)
  • budget hotel (15)
  • bullfighting (2)
  • california (29)
  • canada (31)
  • conspiracy (18)
  • Czech Republic (1)
  • drugs (10)
  • england (16)
  • europe crap (36)
  • fine art/culture (76)
  • food (46)
  • gadgets (18)
  • germany (110)
  • global (23)
  • Greece (5)
  • Guatemala (2)
  • health (31)
  • homosexual agenda (11)
  • hostel (36)
  • humor (37)
  • international hostel (23)
  • Italy (15)
  • Latin America (74)
  • madrid (6)
  • male model (12)
  • Memories of Europe (38)
  • mexico (104)
  • misc/humor (112)
  • money (3)
  • movie (9)
  • munich (3)
  • museum/gallery (22)
  • music (22)
  • Netherlands (6)
  • new rules (12)
  • new york (17)
  • Obama (4)
  • oregon (2)
  • poetry (4)
  • quotation (23)
  • racism (51)
  • scotland (11)
  • single male (172)
  • spain (10)
  • Tijuana (2)
  • tourist scam (13)
  • tourist scam. single male (19)
  • travel (148)
  • Turkey (8)
  • turkish bath (1)
  • ugly feminists (6)
  • usa crap (30)
  • vallarta (1)
  • YMCA (1)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (90)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ▼  July (14)
      • I eat ice cream because I'm not on a hunger strike...
      • Cooling off at public pool in Stuttgart
      • Hollywood, California (PICS)
      • A pleasant day at Schlachtensee (BERLIN)
      • Muscle building a la Rube Goldberg?
      • USA Hostels (San Francisco)
      • McDonald's has class abroad
      • Housing scam on Craigslist?
      • Thrifty ice cream in Mexico
      • 4th of July B-B-Q in Hollywood
      • 4th of July in Los Angeles
      • Delayed flight from GDL to LAX
      • Go back to your country!
      • Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom...
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2012 (65)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2011 (40)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
  • ►  2010 (173)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (29)
    • ►  June (16)
    • ►  May (20)
    • ►  April (16)
    • ►  March (39)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (97)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (16)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2008 (35)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (1)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile